- 1 large ripe avocado (12 to 13 ounces), peeled, pitted, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped green onion or sweet onion (such as Maui or Vidalia)
- 2 tablespoons chopped serrano chiles with seeds
- 1/4 cup (or more) water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons (or more) fresh lime juice
- Coarse kosher salt
- Combine avocado, cilantro, green onion, and serrano chiles in processor. Puree until smooth. Add 1/4 cup water and 2 1/2 tablespoons lime juice and process to blend. Add more water by tablespoonfuls as needed and blend until thick but pourable sauce forms.
- Transfer to small bowl; season to taste with coarse salt and pepper and more lime juice, if desired. DO AHEAD Can be made 2 hours ahead. Cover and chill.
Tim's Rating: 9/10
Liz's Rating: 9.5/10