- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped seeded jalapeño chiles (about 4 large)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped green onions (about 2 large)
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped sweet onion (such as Maui or Vidalia)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons (or more) red wine vinegar or fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine jalapeño chiles, green onions, sweet onion, and cilantro in processor; puree until paste forms, scraping down sides of bowl with rubber spatula several times. Add 2 tablespoons vinegar and blend until mixture is pourable but some texture still remains.
- Transfer to small bowl. Stir in 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and more vinegar to taste, if desired.
- DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
This sauce tasted really spicy alone, but it was a delicious accompaniment to grilled meat. Will definitely make again.
Tim's Rating: 9/10
Liz's Rating: 9/10