My sister Ellen made this over Thanksgiving, and we made it again for Christmas morning. It's hands down the best baked breakfast we've ever had. You must try it!
Recipe from Johnsonville.
- 1 package (12 oz.) Johnsonville® breakfast sausage links
- 6 English muffins, cut into 1-in. cubes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (omitted)
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper (omitted)
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup bacon bits (omitted)
- Cook sausage according to package directions. Cool slightly; cut into ¼-in. slices.
- In a greased 13in. x 9 in. baking dish, layer half the English muffin cubes and half the cooked sausage. Repeat layers.
- Drizzle with butter and top with the cheese, onion and red pepper.In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over casserole. Sprinkle with bacon. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Uncover and bake at 350˚F for 45-50 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
Liz's Rating: 10/10
Tim's Rating: 10/10