The Amazing Race's pit stop in Vietnam
- 1.25 lbs ripe bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 7 slices of sandwich bread
- Slice the banana diagonally and sprinnkle with half the sugar. Cook the remaining sugar in coconut milk until dissolved, then add the vanilla. Remove crusts from the bread. Soak the bread in the sweetened coconut milk.
- Butter a 12-inch non stick pan. Arrange a layer of banana on the bottom of the pan. Cover with a layer of bread, then another layer of bananas, another bread layer, and then finish with a layer of bananas, another bread layer, and then finish with a layer of bananas. Drizzle the remaining butter over the top, then cover with foil and bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for 1 hour.
- Rest for 12 hours before cutting.
Notes: This bread pudding-like dessert was really easy and quick! I assembled this dish in a pie pan, and I only had one layer of bread and two layers of bananas. It tastes much better than it looks.
Liz's Rating: 8.5/10
Tim's Rating: 8.5/10