- 2 pounds green beans , trimmed
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 ounces goat cheese , softened and crumbled
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Add green beans. Cook 3 minutes; drain well. Set beans aside in colander; do not rinse (they will continue to cook).
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon zest, juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add beans to bowl and toss.
- Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese.
Notes: Loved the combination of lemon zest and goat cheese with the green beans. We took this to work with our lunches- it's a nice way to mix up the monotony of bagged lunch.
Tim's Rating: 8.5/10
Liz's Rating: 9.5/10