A wonderful dish at this Roman restaurant has had me looking for a lemon spaghetti recipe for almost a year. I finally found one from Food Network chef Giada De Laurentiis
- 9 oz. refrigerated whole-wheat linguini
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 4-5 minutes (for refrigerated pasta; otherwise check directions on package).
- Meanwhile, whisk the oil, Parmesan, and lemon juice in a large bowl to blend.
Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
Toss the pasta with the lemon sauce, and the reserved cooking liquid, adding 1/4 cup at a time as needed to moisten. Season with salt and pepper.
Garnish with lemon zest and chopped basil.
Notes: This is a great "fresh"-tasting meal for the middle of winter.
Tim's Rating: 8/10
Liz's Rating: 8.5/10